Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 26 March 2012

♥ Classic FM

Listening to classical music is always a great way to relax, especially in the evenings. My favourite pieces of classic music are normally a bit on the sombre side of things, for example I love Balcony Scene by Craig Armstrong which was written for Baz Luhrmann's 1996 version of Romeo + Juliet. Such a lovely piece which conveys the sadness and beauty of the star-crossed lovers' relationship. Another favourite of mine is Judex from Charles Gounod's oratorio Mors et Vita which is very brooding. I also like Consolation No.3, a very lovely piece by Franz Liszt, a composer with whom I was not familiar with until I started listening to Classic FM regularly.
Although I love sad music, I do have an appreciation for music that sounds sort of magical and other-worldly like Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No.1, it is almost certainly a bit trippy! I also like Camille Saint-Saƫns' Le Carnaval des Animaux, I think it inspired the sound-track for the Disney version of Beauty & the Beast.
If you don't listen to Classic FM, I really recommend that you do, it's a much better way to relax than say staring at a computer screen before bed which unfortunately is what I'm doing now! I suppose I ought to go to bed!
Thanks for taking the time to read this and good night.
Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment