Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Hangover Essentials




While I was pondering about how lucky I was not to wake up with a hangover on Monday, I suddenly thought about what items I would consider my hangover essentials. I have a feeling it's because I saw the Emergen-C on the table and always seem to associate sweet brightly coloured effervescent liquids with hangovers.
Anyway here they are:
Berocca
The packaging's cool, it fizzes, it's orange, it has B vitamins- you get depleted of these after a night of heavy drinking- and it's a hell of a lot easier to chug down than pure water when you wake up with a mouth like sandpaper. Some experts say you should drink Berocca before you go out too.

Emergen-C
It's fizzy too. It also tastes nice. I drink it because I think lots of alcohol depletes you of Vitamin C and brain cells.

Alka-Seltzer
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work the day I had unwisely agreed to do my sister a favour which involved a fairly long car journey. Also the packaging is cool.

Herbal Tea
Some people say coffee is their go-to on hungover days, maybe they have to go to work? I, for one, make sure I never get drunk before work. I couldn't face the pain. My point is that even though I love coffee, I absolutely can not drink it on a hangover. It just makes me feel so nauseous and gross. I like herbal tea, preferably ones with names like 'cleanse' or 'detox' so I can pretend I'm undoing all the damage. Some of them are actually really refreshing. I love Pukka Cleanse.

A Super Hydrating Moisturiser
I like to wash my face with a creamy cleanser and then slap on some Dr Hauschka. I mean SLAP it on, it improves the circulation. You may not feel like a rose but your face can smell like one.

Blush
Don't normally wear it in the day. Usually I'm rosy enough but if I need to go somewhere- like a shopping centre because you feel hungover and ugly- and don't want to look like I just stepped out of a coffin underneath that harsh harsh lighting, I use a nice pink blusher. I love my Lancome Blush Subtil palette in Rose Flush, it's glamorous enough to make you forget your hangover woes.

Perfume.
A zesty, fresh 'I just showered' kind of fragrance. In case you didn't. I like Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia for this.

What are your essentials for those days when you wish you never woke up?


No comments:

Post a Comment